Many library members miss reading books and wish to get their hands on a book. The Library is well aware of this and has adapted its service and focused more on its digital service. This is the reason that they started offering e-books last week on their online library that works with requests by email. There is also more available online.
Since May 11, 2020, the locations at the George Madurostraat (O’stad) and Peter Stuyvesantstraat (San Nicolas) are open between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm to pick up new books or return borrowed books.
The procedure for library visits has been adapted:
- Dropped off books will be disinfected according to the international library protocols before they are restocked.
- To borrow new books, members have to send an email or call 528-1526 y 582-1527 to request books for pick up.
- The books will be selected and set aside and time will be provided for pick up. This is possible between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Email requests should contain:
- Phone Number
- Number under the barcode on the membership card
- Preferred choices but can also contain book title or specific author, topic, or genre like drama, detective, adventure, etc.
- Language. Please include preferred reading language
Abiding the social distancing rules, this service is based exclusively on appointments and not on walk-ins.